From neighborhood collectives and recreational facilities to shopping centres and dining options, the factors you must consider when selecting a new home are wide ranging. This becomes especially true if you have children by adding in the factor that you also need to find a community that boasts an impressive school system.
Located just outside of Edmonton, the quiet town of St. Albert is one of the lovelier places to live in Alberta, and if you are moving your family to the area, there are a number of schools you could select to educate your children.
Schools in St. Albert
New residents in the St. Albert area can choose from among three school districts for their children. These include the St. Albert Public School District (#5565), the Greater St. Albert Catholic School Division and the St. Albert Francophone Schools.
All three districts offer a variety of learning styles and opportunities, including the following:
• French immersion & Francophone studies
• International Baccalaureate
• Learning through the Arts
• Sports Academies
• Integrated Digital Technology
• Assorted registered apprenticeships
If you look at the provincial averages in standardized testing scores and the number of scholarship winners, St. Albert students regularly rank near the top.
If you have older children in your family, many postsecondary schools within the area are readily assessable by direct Transit services. These schools include the University of Alberta, MacEwan University and the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT).
Youth Development Programs
In addition to the many wonderful schools in St. Albert, there are many youth development programs available as well to help students. These include the following two groups, though you should check a community directory or ask your real estate agent for more.
• 40 Developmental Assets: Aims to help young students develop the qualities necessary to become healthy and responsible adults.
• Building Assets and Memories (BAM): Youth group run by high school and recently graduated students who work to help kids develop their unique talents and make a positive impression on the world.
Learn More from a St. Albert Realtor
For further information about different schooling options in the St. Albert area, feel free to contact me directly today to learn more.